Repro inc. CTO Ruby/Rails Programmer
OSS developer/maintainer: Fluentd, Norikra, MessagePack-Ruby, Woothee and many others mainly about Web services, data collecting and distributed/streaming data processing. Living in Tokyo, and day job is for Treasure Data.
Hijacking Ruby Syntax in Ruby
This talk shows how to introduce new syntax-ish stuffs using meta programming techniques and some more Ruby features not known well by many Rubyists. Have fun with magical code!
- Show Ruby features to hack Ruby syntax (including Binding, TracePoint, Refinements, etc)
- Describe stuffs introduced by these techniques
- method modifiers (final, abstract, override)
- Table-like syntax for testing DSL
- Safe resource allocation/collection (with, defer)
- Propose new traceable events, hooks, etc